Thursday, November 03, 2005

So Federer Says He's Fit...


© CNN

Read here how the Fed says he's ready to play. He just got off crutches a week ago, and now is ready to compete? I know, I know, I'm flogging a dead horse. But Matthew Cronin, on msn.foxsports.com had this to say of Federer:

But if Nadal can find a way to knock out Federer for the second time in three tries this year in Shanghai, then he'll have certainly dented the Swiss' confidence going into 2006 and stop the premature thoughts that Federer is ready to win the calendar year Grand Slam. Then, Federer would have finally found a real rival.

I'm a Federer fan, but I think he's a little too hung up on winning the Masters Cup. There's no shame in skipping the event. As the winner of two grand slams, and four masters events, he is clearly number one in everyone's mind. Perhaps Mr. Cronin has a point. Then, should Federer risk playing injured and possibly shaking his confidence? While I write this, I remember that he wasn't playing his best tennis at Masters Cincinatti or the U.S. Open and he still won both tournaments. Maybe he can pull it off. If anyone can do it, it's Federer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home