Sunday, October 30, 2005

Federer Hopeful

Roger Federer may be able to play the Masters Cup. From today's BBC Sports:


The world number one was on crutches for two weeks after sustaining the injury in training earlier this month.
"I'm walking now," he said. "I'm taping the ankle a lot, but that helps me to put weight on it.
"I'm optimistic, but it's hard to tell. Shanghai means everything. That's what I'm working on right now, I'm hopeful."
Federer is among several qualifiers struggling to be fit for the event starting on 13 November.
Marat Safin has already been ruled out with knee problems, Andre Agassi has been inactive since losing the US Open final to Federer while Lleyton Hewitt could miss it to attend the birth of his first child.


This doesn't sound good for all you Federer fans, and tennis fans in general. If he can't even put weight on it, how's he going to compete? Unfortunately, he's not the only one. Organizers in Shanghai, along with fans, will be quite disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home